Saturday, January 3, 2009

No Big New Year's Resolution for Me

I've never been that great with New Year's Resolutions. I used to say things like I'll eat better, or I'll exercise more, but I decided to do things a little differently. I decided three months or so ago to start exercising so that when new years would come along, it would be a habit. Done!

Well, I have decided to keep my dresser cleaned off and my closet floor clean. I know, I know. Not a big deal, but my dresser got cleaned off once every 6 months and my side of the closet floor caused the doors to stop in their track when sliding. So, yesterday, I cleaned off my dresser and will keep it cleaned and I cleaned the closet floor of shoes and boxes. It's little things like that I can do. How about not taking things so personally, especially when my husband and I discuss things (that's code for all you married folks out there).

I asked my kids if they had anything they wanted to change or do for the coming year. Both said no. I wish my older son (19) would get a hair cut for New Years...

Do any of you make resolutions or anyone vow to make changes for 2009?

2 comments:

  1. I made easy ones. :-) Every year I make tons of resolutions - my ambitions are too big and I set myself up for failure. I figure if I keep it simple, I'll really have no excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to have goals not resolutions.... same thing, but for some reason when they are resolutions they don't get done lol

    Emily
    Mama and Hustler???
    My Mommy Chronicles
    Blah-Zay

    ReplyDelete