Sunday, December 14, 2008

Put a House on the List

There's less than two weeks until Christmas and, once again, I can't believe it's almost here. We've decided, like we do every year, not to go crazy on gifts. We haven't even started shopping for Christmas and we haven't even bought Christmas cards to send out. I'll never forget one year, we didn't even send any cards out and people stopped short of asking us "what's wrong with you?" That was the last year we missed sending cards. We do have our tree up!

It's tough as the kids get older (19 and 15 - both birthdays in December) we don't really know what to get them. I've asked them to write out a little list, but I haven't seen one list from either of them. I told them not to just mention stuff they want and expect me to remember it like a short order cook or the waitress at Norm's. I did happen to make a little list that is, you guessed it, in my purse. It has stuff on it that I could remember and what I thought they would want. I just have to remember to actually purchase the stuff and not carry it around on a piece of paper the way it is now.

Each year my husband and I say not to get each other anything for Christmas. This year is no different. My husband bought one of those mini computers from Best Buy for himself to replace an old laptop that had been blinking out on him. He also bought some new clothes for work. He told me not to get anything for Christmas for him since he had bought these things a few months ago. Today, he mentioned that he wanted some renovation books for Christmas like the ones you see at Lowe's. I didn't say anything, but I wonder if I should drop him a little hint too? We're planning on buying a house next year and that's why I said I didn't want anything for Christmas. I wonder if I should add "house" to my list?

1 comment:

  1. A house is on my list, too. didn't want a lot for xmess, either, but my husband bought me something anyway. I'd rather it went in the house fund.

    ReplyDelete